The Orange County Register recently reported that there have been at least 16 serious hit-and-run traffic accidents during the months of November and December. Here are just a few of the Orange County hit-and-run accidents that occurred:
- In Laguna Hills, a 56-year-old woman in a wheelchair was struck by a car, which only stopped briefly after the collision. The woman broke both legs.
- In Anaheim, a man crossing a freeway exit ramp was struck by a vehicle which fled the scene without stopping to offer aid.
- In Anaheim, a 43-year-old man was found dead in the street; police believe he is the victim of a hit-and-run accident.
- In Santa Ana, a 7-year-old girl ran into the street and was struck by an SUV, which then dragged the girl down the road while fleeing from the scene. The accident victim suffered a serious head injury.
- In Anaheim, a three-year-old toddler was leaving a party and holding hands with a relative when she was struck by a car, which was allegedly fleeing from a drive-by shooting. The toddler also suffered a serious head injury.
- In Garden Grove in early December, a woman crossing the street in a crosswalk was struck and killed by a taxi which did not stop.
- In Santa Ana, three teens were struck and injured by a car which fled the scene of the accident.
- In Westminster in November, a 24-year-old male was struck and killed by a hit-and-run driver.
If you were injured in an Orange County hit-and-run accident, you may be wondering about your rights and your legal options. You also may be worried about the ramifications of your accident, including medical bills, lost wages, and permanent injuries. At Russell & Lazarus, we offer injury victims a free, confidential case evaluation. Call our California injury attorneys today at (949) 851-0222 to schedule your meeting.