How can I get compensation for my medical bills?

Orange County Accident Attorney -  stethoscope over the dollar billsIf you have been injured in a hit-and-run accident in the OC, you probably already know that it can be complicated to pursue compensation for your medical bills and other expenses. Unfortunately, hit-and-run victims are faced with a number of complications that can make filing an insurance claim difficult—or even impossible.

Recovering Compensation

Depending on the specific circumstances of your OC hit-and-run accident, you may be able to recover compensation by:

  • Identifying the driver who left the scene. Depending on the evidence available, you may be able to identify the driver who hit you, and file a claim with his or her insurance company—even if he or she has not been found by the police.
  • Filing a claim with your own insurance company. In some cases, you may be able to file an uninsured/underinsured motorist claim with your own insurance company to pay for the injuries you sustained in the accident.
  • The California Victim Compensation Program. In certain limited cases, victims of California hit-and-run accidents may be able to recover compensation through state programs if they have suffered significant physical or emotional injury as a result of the crime.

Contact an Orange County Accident Attorney

If you’re having trouble getting answers after an auto accident, reach out to an experienced Orange County accident attorney today. At Russell & Lazarus, we would be happy to review the specific details of your case and provide further guidance in a completely free, no-obligation consultation. Give us a call today at (800) 268-9228 to learn more.