If you have been injured in a motorcycle wreck in Orange County, you will need to speak to your own insurance company after the accident, and they will conduct their own investigation. When your insurance company begins the investigation, you can expect the insurance agent to:
- Ask you questions about what happened. Be careful not to admit fault, minimize the extent of your injuries, or lie—simply give the facts that you remember about the accident.
- Ask for documentation from your medical providers regarding your injuries. This might include your family doctor, emergency medical professionals, physical therapists, etc.
- Ask for documentation regarding your time away from work.
- Inspect any physical damage to your bike. If your motorcycle was damaged in the accident, wait on repairs until the damage has been documented.
- Give instructions for seeking repair estimates.
- Review the police report and statements.
- Review witness statements and/or speak with witnesses.
- Talk to the other driver(s) involved about what happened.
- Attempt to determine who was at fault in the accident.
The claims process after an OC motorcycle accident can be confusing, and many injured victims choose to seek the help of an experienced attorney who can handle communication and negotiation with the insurance companies involved.
If you feel uncomfortable speaking to the insurance adjustors on your own, or if you need help filing an insurance claim after an Orange County motorcycle wreck, reach out to the OC motorcycle accident attorneys with Russell & Lazarus today for answers. Please give us a call today at 1-(949) 851-0222 to schedule a completely free initial consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney, or simply get started by filling out the confidential online contact form on this page.