If you have just suffered a fall on someone else’s property, it’s important that you start taking steps to protect your rights immediately. Here are some simple steps you can take right away:
- Don’t put off medical attention. If you have been injured, you should see a doctor right away for assessment and treatment. Even if your injury seems minor, this documentation can be important evidence if your condition worsens or you decide to pursue a claim later on.
- Don’t leave the scene without a copy of the police or incident report. If you are able, you should report the injury to the property owner or manager and file an incident report and/or a police report. Make sure you get a copy of the original document before you leave the scene, or make arrangements to receive a copy as soon as possible.
- Get contact information from any witnesses. If you wait too long, it can be impossible to track down witnesses to your Orange County slip-and-fall accidents. Witness evidence is often crucial to the success of a personal injury claim in Orange County, so you should gather names, addresses, and phone numbers immediately.
- Take photos of the scene if at all possible. If you have a camera or camera phone with you, take the time to snap some photos of where your accident took place, your injuries, and any other factors. If you don’t have a camera with you, try to take detailed notes, including the time, location, and weather conditions, if applicable.
- Contact an Orange County slip-and-fall attorney. Even if you ultimately don’t decide to pursue compensation, an attorney can be a valuable ally and resource for investigating what happened, gathering evidence, and explaining your options.
If you need help documenting or investigating your accident, please don’t hesitate to reach out to an experienced Orange County slip-and-fall attorney immediately at 1-(949) 851-0222. Our experienced OC personal injury attorneys can help walk you through the first steps, answer your questions, lend a hand in investigating the accident, and work hard to make sure you can seek the compensation you deserve.