If you fell or were injured on another person’s property in Orange County, you may believe that recovering appropriate compensation through a California personal injury claim will be very straightforward. After all, it probably seems as though any reasonable person could clearly see that your injury was the property owner’s fault. However, this is simply not always the case, even in the most seemingly clear-cut cases. Many accident victims find that personal injury claims and California premises liability law are prohibitively complicated, especially when:
- The property owner denies responsibility and places the fault for the accident on the victim.
- The victim can’t obtain important evidence, such as security camera footage or witness information.
- The victim is asked to sign difficult-to-understand documents or give recorded statements to the other party’s insurance company.
- The injuries suffered in the accident are chronic, are disabling, or will require long-term care.
- The victim is offered a settlement that is too low to cover the true costs of his or her injuries.
Luckily, injured victims have the right to get help and add an experienced ally to their corner. If you or a family member has been injured on someone else’s property in Orange County, the Newport Beach personal injury attorneys with Russell & Lazarus can help you protect your rights, determine whether you can pursue a personal injury claim, and assist you in taking the first steps. Get started today by giving us a call at (949) 851-0222 to schedule a free and confidential case evaluation, or simply fill out the online contact form on this page to learn more.