If you were involved in a car-pedestrian accident in Orange County
Take the following steps can help protect yourself:
- If there are serious injuries, call for an ambulance immediately.
- Call the police to report the accident.
- Exchange insurance and contact information with the driver.
- Gather the contact information of any witnesses.
- Stay at the scene of the accident until authorities or medical personnel arrive.
- Seek medical attention for your injuries; even if you don’t have obvious injuries, you should receive a medical exam to check for any non-obvious injuries.
- If possible, take pictures of the accident scene and write down as many details as you can remember.
- Don’t admit fault or answer insurance agents’ questions until you’ve spoken with an Orange County injury attorney.
Unfortunately, car-pedestrian accidents are not uncommon in California. These types of accidents can cause serious injuries for the unprotected pedestrian who was involved, leaving the injured victim with mounting medical bills and other expenses.
What if you were hit by a car but you were not in a crosswalk?
Contact our Orange County Injury Attorneys
As an injured pedestrian, you may be eligible for compensation for your expenses. The Orange County injury attorneys with Russell & Lazarus understand how confusing the aftermath of an accident can be, and we are here to answer your questions if you need help. If you have been injured in an Orange County accident as a pedestrian, reach us today at (800) 268-9228 for guidance.