Steps To take to protect my rights if I’ve been bitten by a dog in Orange County
A sudden dog attack or bite can be a terrifying experience, and the resulting injuries can be surprisingly severe, especially if the bite affected bones, tendons, or joints. These injuries can be expensive to treat, are often long-term, and may not be immediately visible on the outside.
If you have been bitten by a dog in Orange County, here are a few steps you should take to protect your rights:
- See your doctor as soon as possible. Some injuries may not be immediately apparent, and some injuries may be worse than they appear. If you’ve been bitten, it’s worth having your doctor take a look and decide if you need a Rabies shot.
- Get the dog owner’s contact information. If the dog’s owner is known, it is important to get contact information. Additionally, you should ask for information about the dog that bit you, including Rabies vaccine status.
- Consider filing a police report. Although it may seem like an extra hassle when you’re injured, a police report can be extremely helpful if you later decide to pursue a personal injury claim for your Orange County dog bite injuries.
- Keep a record for yourself. Write down everything you remember about the incident, including what happened before you were bitten and other important details. Keep this in a file with your copy of the police report and the contact information of the owner and witnesses.
- Seek legal guidance from Orange County personal injury attorneys. Even if you don’t decide to pursue a claim, or if you decide to pursue a claim on your own, a free meeting with an Orange County personal injury lawyer will provide answers to your questions and a clearer idea of your options.
Contact our Orange County Personal Injury Attorneys
If you or a loved one has suffered a dog bite injury in Orange County, it is important to seek guidance and learn more about your rights. Our Orange County personal injury attorneys are experienced with dog attack and dog bite injury cases. We would be happy to provide a completely free legal consultation to hear more about your specific situation and answer your questions. Reach out to Russell & Lazarus today at (855) 851-2400, or simply fill out the confidential online contact form on this page for more information.