In the confusion after an OC car accident, it can be hard to remember to gather information and protect your rights. If you have to be transported directly from the scene for your injuries, it can be even more difficult to obtain the documentation and evidence you will need in order to pursue compensation later on.
Although your first priority should be your medical treatment and recovery, it is important to write down as many details as you remember while the event is still fresh in your mind. Even if you believe you will never forget what happened, here are ten important things you should write down as soon as possible after a wreck in which you are injured:
- The date and time of the accident
- The location of the accident
- The direction you were traveling and what happened just before the accident
- How the accident happened—you might even consider drawing a diagram
- The drivers and vehicles involved
- A physical description of the other driver and any passengers
- Any potential witnesses
- The weather conditions on the day of the wreck
- The road and traffic conditions on the day of the wreck
- A date, time, and description of any communication from the other driver and his or her insurance company
A successful personal injury lawsuit settlement can help you cover the mountain of medical bills and other expenses that pile up after you are injured in a serious car accident in Orange County, but you don’t have to collect evidence and find answers on your own. If you were injured, a Newport Beach personal injury attorney can help you decide how to proceed. Please give Russell & Lazarus a call today at 1-(949) 851-0222 for a completely free case review.