Have you been asked to keep a “recovery journal” or something similar after being injured in an Orange County car accident? A recovery journal is simply a place for you to write down information about your recovery process and keep track of how you are progressing. Keeping a journal can help both you and your attorney assess the impact your car accident injuries have had on your daily life, your ability to perform normal activities, and your overall well-being. If you’re not sure what you should be writing down, here are some basics to get you started:
- A record of your doctor’s appointments, prescriptions, and any over-the-counter remedies you are using to manage your injuries, such as ibuprofen, heating pads, joint braces, etc.
- How you are feeling after the accident, both physically and emotionally
- How much pain you are in, including your pain-rating on a scale of 1 – 10
- How your condition affects or limits your daily activities
- How your condition affects or limits your employment
Contact Orange County Car Accident
You deserve to be compensated for the injuries you sustained due to someone else’s negligence, and keeping an honest account of the real effects of your injuries can be tremendously helpful to your claim. If you’ve been injured in an OC car accident, an experienced Orange County personal injury lawyer can be a necessary asset and can help you secure the compensation you deserve. If you have questions, or if you’d like to speak with one of our attorneys today, please reach out to Russell & Lazarus at (949) 851-0222.