You may be seeking fun and relaxation; however, spring break injuries are common at this time of year. If you or a loved one are injured while taking a much needed vacation, a skilled attorney can help you make a personal injury claim to recover compensation for your losses. Although a financial recovery will not heal you, it can help you move forward with life. Call Russell & Lazarus APC today at (949) 851-0222.
Avoid These Dangers During Spring Break
When you go on vacation, you often take a trip to a new location. Your goal is to have fun and experience new things. However, all of the unfamiliar places and situations can result in risky situations that can lead to spring break injuries.
Watch out for the following dangerous situations during your spring break:
- Wet floors, broken stairs, and cluttered walkways
- Food that has been left out for several hours
- Animals running loose or dogs off leashes
- Crowds of people imbibing alcohol
- Loud music where you have no earplugs
- Locations where medical services are inaccessible
- Pools without lifeguards
- Riding in cars with distracted or texting drivers
If you have sustained spring break injuries in one of these situations, you may be unsure of what to do next. You may not even know who is responsible for your damages. An attorney at Russell & Lazarus APC can evaluate your situation and help you take steps forward to hold someone responsible for the harm they caused.
Spring Break Injuries You May Encounter
Even if you are careful about where you spend time, you may sustain spring break injuries because of someone else’s negligence or reckless behavior. Common spring break injuries include the following:
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Alcohol poisoning
- Car accidents
- Food poisoning,
- Sicknesses or illness from the geographic location you’re visiting
- Poisonous bug bites
- Animal attacks
- Severe sunburns
It can be difficult to prove that someone else caused your spring break injuries; however, by collecting evidence from your vacation, a knowledgeable attorney can help you prove your case. We will listen to your story, review your medical records, consult with experts, and interview witnesses to determine what happened.
Seeking Medical Treatment for Spring Break Injuries
If you are injured while on vacation, it can be intimidating to seek medical treatment. You are in a foreign location and don’t know the doctors. You don’t have access to your primary care physician, and the person who treats you may not have any of your medical records. It’s important to take the following steps to prevent confusion if you have to seek medical treatment for spring break injuries:
- Keep a list of all of your medications on your phone, including dosages and frequency of use
- Carry frequently taken medications in their prescription bottles
- Carry a business card for your primary care physician in your wallet
- Make sure your travel mates know your emergency contact phone number
- Wear a bracelet that details your allergies or serious medical conditions
- Talk to your friends and family about emergency plans
If you have to seek emergency medical treatment, you will have to provide a plethora of information to a hospital, emergency room, urgent care center, or ambulance. It’s best to have that information in one place and easily accessible. Since most people carry their phones on them at all times, that is the most sensible place to keep lists and contacts for medical information.
Call Russell & Lazarus APC If You Sustained Spring Break Injuries
If your spring break vacation was cut short by a serious injury, you are likely disappointed and upset. However, that doesn’t mean that you have to be overwhelmed with making a personal injury claim by yourself. Call us today at (949) 851-0222 to find out how we can help.