It can be difficult to recover the compensation you deserve after you are hurt in a car accident, and many Orange County car accident victims are unaware that they may be entitled to lost wages, in addition to their medical expenses. If you missed work due to your car accident injuries, here is how an Anaheim accident attorney can help you recover your lost wages:
- Protecting your rights. Many personal injury claims end before they begin because the victim accidentally says or does something that the insurance company can use to wreck the claim. An attorney can both explain what your rights actually are and help you take measures to protect yourself.
- Advising you on time limits. Failing to meet time limits could make it impossible to pursue a claim. Your attorney can advise you on what needs to be done, and when, for your claim to be successful.
- Collecting evidence of your lost wages. In order to prove that you lost income because of your injuries, you will need a lot of documentation from your employer and your doctors, which an experienced attorney can request and make sure you have on record.
- Coordinating communication. After you are injured in a wreck, you should be able to focus on your recovery. Your attorney can handle the bulk of the communication with the insurance company, guide you through necessary steps, and give you a clear idea of what you’re facing and what to expect.
- Negotiating a fair settlement that includes your lost wages. It’s difficult for accident injury victims to get a fair settlement on their own. An experienced attorney who understands personal injury laws in your area is a valuable ally who can help make sure you get the compensation you are entitled to, including your lost wages.
If you have been hurt in an Orange County car accident and have questions about negotiating a fair personal injury settlement, please reach out to us today at (949) 851-0222 for a free and confidential case review.