Sustaining an injury is always unpleasant. We all know the mixed feelings of physical pain and emotional frustration. When the injury is sustained due to another person’s negligence this frustration can turn into anger. This is often the case for those who have been injured in an Orange County slip-and-fall accident. Perhaps you understand this feeling if you have been injured in a slip and fall.
Slip-and-fall accidents are too common in the United States. In fact, there are an estimated one million slip-and-fall injuries every year in this country. That number is shocking.
The injuries that are commonly associated with slip-and-fall accidents in California include:
- Broken bones – Falling on hard surfaces such as ice or tile can cause severe trauma to the body. Often times this leads to broken bones.
- Head injuries – Slip and fall injuries are often the cause for head trauma. Falling on the head can cause injuries such as a concussion, a coma, or amnesia.
- Contusion – Also known as a bruise, a contusion, is very common with slip and fall injuries. The impact of landing on a hard surface can cause the capillaries to break, causing a contusion.
- Cuts – Landing on sharp or pointy objects happens quite a bit during a slip-and-fall accident. This leads to the body sustaining cuts and scrapes. Bleeding can pose great danger if not properly treated.
- Death – Unfortunately death can be associated with a slip-and-fall accident. There are 20,000 deaths each year in the United States caused by slip and falls.
If you have been injured due to a slip and fall that may have been caused by the negligence of another, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact an experienced Orange County slip and fall attorney to discuss your legal options. Call (949) 851-0222 for a free case evaluation.